Mission and History
Zion Lutheran School exists to offer a Christ-centered, child-focused, quality Lutheran education to all children and families, empowering them to be bold disciples of Jesus.
Zion Lutheran School was built and dedicated in 1905. In 1934, the congregation voted to close the school due to a drop in enrollment. The school was reestablished in 1956 with an enrollment of 18 children in grade 1. A grade was added each year and enrollment in grades 1-8 was 113 students. A preschool was added to the program in 1975, followed by kindergarten in 1976. In 1990, the congregation voted to close grades 7-8 due to a declining enrollment. The 7th grade was reinstated in 1995. Enrollment was at 80 in K-7 and 100 when including the preschool. Grade 8 was added in 1996. In 1997, the upper level of the school was renovated, the old church was torn down and we broke ground for the Family Life Center, providing a gym for the school. Enrollment was at 92 in preschool-8th grade. Today there are 92 total students, 76 in K-8.
Zion offers a favorable student-to-teacher ratio of almost 11:1, which allows us to better meet the needs of your child. Our small class sizes provide teachers with the opportunity to tailor lessons to the individual needs of our students.